Teens Earn $15/hour to Tutor Elementary Students
Summer Job Opportunity Enables Teens to Earn Living and Improve Children’s Lives
READ USA is hiring!
READ USA’s Literacy Tutoring Program will kick-off again this summer from June-July at Duval County Public Elementary Schools, providing an ideal opportunity for teens who are passionate about their community to earn a $15/hour living while improving the educational futures – and lives – of elementary students.
Do You Want to Change Lives? Watch How:
“We’re trying to build up their confidence, in not only reading, but also learning in general. [Tutoring] helps you to not only shape the lives of the kids you’re helping, but also shape your own.”
- Jamilah, READ USA teen tutor
How Literacy Tutoring Works:
Teen tutors use pre-written lesson plans to deliver high-quality reading lessons to help elementary students improve their literacy skills. READ USA provides extensive training, onboarding, on-site support, and resources to teen tutors. Tutors have one-on-one access to supervising teachers during all tutoring sessions, who oversee, coach, and guide tutors in lesson delivery.
Who We Want:
- Teens aged 16-19 (high school or early college) who live nearby summer tutoring sites, including the Northside, Arlington, Southside, and Urban Core areas.
- Teens with the ability to work Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays every week from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. from June 12th to July 21st.
Teen Tutors Can Expect:
- $15/hour for 20 hours of work per week.
- Transportation (if needed) to and from the selected elementary school.
- To participate in two onboarding and training sessions (training and onboarding required and tutors are paid for the training session):
- Training Day 1 is offered June 5th or June 10th
- Training Day 2 is offered June 6th or June 11th
- To pass a national Level II background check and drug screen.
Want to hear from another Teen Tutor about their experience? Click here to watch.
Please contact Kathleen McArthur, READ USA Tutoring Program Director, with any questions or for more information:
Phone: (904)-READ USA (732-3872)
More information about READ USA is available at www.READUSAINC.com.